.elementor-panel-state-loading{ display: none; }



5 injured from chemical reaction to chlorine in Ohio

Five people were reportedly injured in an Ohio swimming pool on Thursday after a chemical reaction occurred while people were preparing a swimming pool for the summer.

According to the Eastlake Fire Department, a homeowner in the Cleveland suburb of Eastlake was preparing chlorine inside his home for a backyard pool when the chemical reaction occurred, News 5 Cleveland reported.

Hawaii tourist dies on Maui beach, wife claims state failed to warn of snorkeling dangers

Pool shadow waves. Five people reportedly injured in Ohio by a chemical reaction caused by chlorine in a swimming pool. (iStock)

Three adults and two children were taken to hospital in stable condition, authorities said, and the incident remains under investigation.

Every year, thousands of Americans are injured by chemicals commonly used to disinfect swimming pools.

According to the most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 13,508 people, most of them children, visited emergency departments with injuries caused by pool chemicals between 2015 and 2017. Most of the injuries occurred at home, and two-thirds occurred during the summer swimming season, the CDC said.

Hawaii judge halts wave pool plan criticized for wasting water

Lifeguards clean the water in a pool on a barge docked on the Brooklyn waterfront.

Lifeguards clean the water in a pool on a barge docked on the Brooklyn waterfront. (AP Photo/Kathy Willens)

In recent years, people have suffered serious injuries from exposure to chlorine.

Twelve people were taken, including several children. To the hospital After too much chlorine was added to a Houston lazy river in 2023, hazmat crews were dispatched to clean up the contaminated area.

Resort Pool in Naples, Florida

Chlorine plays a vital role in pool maintenance. (John Graeme/LightRocket via Getty Images)

Click here for the FOX News App

More than 30 people were hospitalized after being exposed to chlorine gas at a California swimming club in 2018. Fighters rushed to the Shadowbrook Swimming Club after a cloud of chlorine gas appeared in the club’s pool during class.