It turns out that Dan Orlovsky's “long time” in the world is three weeks.
The former NFL quarterback returned to television on “Get Up” Monday morning after hinting that his future at ESPN was in the air the day after Super Bowl 2025.
The 41-year-old also responded to X fans who asked if his “retirement” from ESPN was “already over.”
“I never retired. I just took my time,” Orlovsky replied.
The NFL analyst was asked by another fan if he had returned full-time.
Orlovsky signed a three-year agreement with ESPN in 2022, and is reportedly expiring this summer.
He frowned upon an episode of “First Take” on February 10th when he said, “I'll take a break and won't be on TV for a long time.”
Orlovsky then thanked Stephen A. Smith, Molly Kerim and Shannon Sharp, saying, “I don't know what the future holds.”
Later that day, when X fans expressed their belief that Orlovsky “leave the network speech”, he replied with “Lotta's decision.” [sic] It will be made. See what happens. I'm grateful for everything. ”
Orlovsky spent some time on a holiday with his family in Hawaii.
“What an incredible place.” Orlovsky wrote on X of the trip. “People, culture, way of life, gratitude for the family, food. Peace you can make while you're there. Kauai is now my favorite place in the world. Such a wonderful reflection and spirit. Lots of good ideas and I am grateful with my family in that era.”
Orlovsky, who played for the Lions, Texans, Colts and Buccaneers, had been in discussion with Fox Sports before re-uploading with ESPN three years ago.
He has also expressed his interest in potentially participating in the NFL coaching staff.
“The more you escape after you've finished playing, the more you'll be able to pull back to it.” Orlovsky told Dan Patrick in January. “It's just for a competitive drive.”
Orlovsky, who first joined ESPN in 2018, frequently appears in “Get Up,” “First Take,” and “NFL Live.”
He retired from the NFL in 2017 after being released by the Rams at the end of the preseason.