Elon Musk Says Releasing Internal Discussions On Hunter Biden Laptop Story Is ‘Necessary To Restore Public Trust’

Elon Musk revealed late Wednesday that it is “necessary” to release internal discussions about the censorship of the New York Post’s Hunter Biden laptop story prior to the 2020 election.

Twitter locked The New York Post’s account in October 2020 for posting a now-confirmed report of emails contained on Biden’s laptop that detail a meeting between him and his father, President Joe Biden, with an executive of Ukrainian gas company Burisma in 2015. The laptop contained caches of emails detailing business dealings with Burisma and state-owned CEFC China Energy Co, from which his firms received $4.8 million in wire transfer payments from its founder, Ye Jianming, according to a Senate report.

A Twitter user called on Musk to release these discussions “in the interest of transparency” in a Wednesday tweet, to which the new Twitter CEO nodded in agreement.

Raise your hand if you think @ElonMusk should make public all internal discussions about the decision to censor the @NYPost’s story on Hunter Biden’s laptop before the 2020 Election in the interest of Transparency,” Twitter user ALX tweeted. 

“This is necessary to restore public trust,” Musk replied.

The platform restricted any Twitter user from sharing links of the Post’s article either publicly or through direct message. The social media site further locked former White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany’s personal account and the official account for former President Donald Trump’s campaign for sharing the link.

The New York Times and Washington Post both confirmed the authenticity of the laptop story earlier this year after the corporate media consistently denied the reports. CBS News verified the authenticity of the laptop Monday, nearly two years after the Daily Caller News Foundation’s forensic analysis of the computer’s hard drive.

Musk, who took over Twitter on Oct. 27, previously called Twitter’s censorship of the New York Post’s accurate reporting “incredibly inappropriate.” (RELATED: ‘Incredibly Inappropriate’: Musk Rips Twitter For Suspending The New York Post For Their Hunter Biden Story)

Former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey later issued an apology for censoring the accounts, providing the explanation that the company’s “communication” surrounding the article was insufficient.

“Our communication around our actions on the @nypost article was not great,” Dorsey said. “And blocking URL sharing via tweet or DM with zero context as to why we’re blocking: unacceptable.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Telegram
WhatsApp
© Copyright 1996 – 2022, Total News LLC | Terms |  Privacy  | Support