Raise your hand if you don’t mind others seeing your search history.
Yes, I didn’t think so.
Sometimes it’s as innocent as buying a gift and not wanting to reveal a secret.
Pro tip: Use incognito mode As such, you won’t see many ads showing exactly what you ordered.
You have probably looked up medical symptoms and conditions.
You also have the right to privacy.
wonder What we share with Amazon How about using the new clinic? I’ve looked it all up for you.
If you’re not already in the habit of clearing your search history from time to time, you should clear it.
Facebook remembers a lot of information, including your search history. To maintain your site and app privacy, clear your Facebook search history on your computer by following these steps:
- Log in to Facebook in your browser and tap your profile picture.
- select Settings and privacy > activity record.
- click Logged actions and other activity Options > Search history.
- select clear search.
do you feel like you have a choice?
You can delete a single search history item instead of deleting the entire history at once.
please click three dots To the right of each search in the history list, tap erase.
A confirmation menu will appear.strike erase again.
keep going: how does facebook do you know so much Tip: You don’t even have to listen to the conversation.
Twitter’s search box can help you find profiles you’re looking for often, but you may not want someone to stumble upon that list. No judgment here.
On your computer:
- Log into your Twitter account in a web browser.
- click Twitter search bar Click in the upper right corner to see a list of recent searches.
- Tap. X Click next to individual searches to remove them one at a time.
- You can also click clear all It’s at the top of the menu.
- Tap clear Click the menu that pops up to confirm.
on the phone:
- Open the Twitter app and magnifying glass It’s at the bottom.
- next, Search Twitter Tap the top bar, X in the circle on the right Recent searches.
- Tap clear Erase them all.
Our final social media destination is Instagram. Anyone with access to your phone and the app can see who you’re searching for. To clear that information:
- Open the Instagram app.choose circular profile picture It’s in the lower right corner.
- Tap. three line icon It’s on the top right.
- Tap your activity > Recent searches.
- Tap clear allthen tap clear all confirm one more time.
Your social media search history tells you what profile you were looking for. Your browser’s search history contains even more information.
Sound like a tech pro, even if you aren’t. Popular award-winning host Kim Commando is your secret weapon. listen 425+ radio stations or get the podcast. Join over 400,000 people Get our free 5 minute email newsletter every day.
Synchronizing your accounts between your computer and your phone has the advantage that if you clear your searches in one place, they disappear everywhere.
To do this in Chrome, make sure all your devices are signed into the same Google account.
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.click Three-point menu It’s on the top right.
- hover the mouse over history Click the menu and history Options at the top.
- To remove them one by one, box to the left, and erase It’s on the top right of the screen.select delete to confirm.
Shortcut: You can remove them all at once. Please follow the steps above. In the menu on the left, Clear browsing data. You can only delete browsing history, cookies and cache.click Clear data Click the button when you have decided.
Of course, this is not the end. These pages include Everything Google knows about you.
To clear your search history in Edge:
- Open corner and, Three-point menu It’s on the top right.
- click settingafter that Privacy, Search, Services.
- scroll down to Clear browsing data section.
- select Choose what to clear.
- Please select from time range drop down menu. All time recommended.
- Select the data you want to delete. Just select search history, cookies, cache, passwords and form-filled data. (Warning: Deleting passwords and form-filled data can be a hassle later.)
- click clear now end.
Computer smarts: hidden settings to try on Mac or PC
To clear your search history in Safari on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open setting on your device, tap safari.
- Tap Clear history and website dataa.
- Tap Clear history and data to confirm. Note: Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari doesn’t change your AutoFill information.
- To clear your cookies and save your history, please visit: setting > safari > Altitude > website datathen tap Delete all website data.