A judge has reportedly issued a restraining order against Matthew McConaughey against an alleged female stalker who has been harassing him for over a year.
The famous actor filed for protection from an alleged stalker ahead of an in-person publication event to promote her new book, fearing she would attend, TMZ report Friday. Court documents obtained by the outlet revealed that the woman had been sending “random letters, emails and frivolous lawsuits trying to lure me into court and contacting me.” McConaughey said she believes the woman is in a relationship with her.
The woman reportedly falsely claimed to be a co-author of his book. new picture book, “Just Because,” and according to TMZ, her unwelcome advances towards him have recently escalated. The actor noted that the harassment allegations began in April 2022, and said the woman has not let up in her efforts.
— Matthew McConaughey (@McConaughey) September 20, 2023
According to TMZ, the alleged stalker recently purchased tickets to a photo shoot scheduled for the release of “Just Because” in the Los Angeles area. She reportedly planned to travel “over 300 miles” for the chance to meet him in person at the event.
According to the paper, McConaughey claims that the bookstore received a “threatening email” before the event, which also confirmed that she was scheduled to be there. (Related: Paris Jackson fears for her life and asks court for protection from stalking allegations)
Additionally, he said he has never had contact with the woman, TMZ reported. The suspect allegedly asked her security guards to treat her kindly when interacting with her, but she says he doesn’t want anything to do with her and wants the whole situation to end. It revealed that.
According to TMZ, a temporary restraining order is currently in effect, but further details within the court documents are not being disclosed at this time.