London: 14-Year-Old Dead, 4 Others Injured In Sword Stabbing Attack

1/12 | Forensic officers gesture near the scene of the attack in Hainaut, northeast London, Tuesday, April 30, 2024. A sword-wielding man attacked civilians and police officers in an east London suburb, killing a 13-year-old boy and a police officer. Four other people were injured, authorities said Tuesday. The man was arrested at the scene, police said. Chief of Staff Stuart Bell said the incident was not being treated as terrorism-related or a “targeted attack”. (via Jordan Pettit/PA)

OAN’s Avril Elfie
10:10am – Tuesday, April 30, 2024

A 14-year-old boy was killed and four people, including two police officers, were injured in a series of stabbings by a man with a sword.


An unidentified man crashed a van into a house and then stabbed him to death in northeast London on Tuesday.

Images shared on social media show an unidentified suspect wearing a yellow hoodie and carrying a sword walking down a street near Hainaut tube station in north-east London around 7am.

Police did not provide details about whether the property or its occupants were specifically targeted, but the first victim of the suspect’s stabbing was the house he crashed his van into. said.

A police representative said the suspect “continued to attack other civilians and two police officers.”

Metropolitan Police Chief Superintendent Stuart Bell later announced it was “very sad” that the 14-year-old boy had died from his injuries.

“The boy was stabbed and taken to hospital where he died shortly thereafter,” Ms Bell said, sending her thoughts to the boy’s family “at an unimaginably difficult time”.

“What happened this morning is truly horrific and I can’t imagine how everyone affected must be feeling.”

Bell also said the other four people who were stabbed were admitted to local hospitals and “fortunately their injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.”

The suspect, whose identity has not been released, was a 36-year-old man who was shot with a taping gun and arrested at the scene.

“We are not looking for any more suspects,” said Deputy Commissioner Ade Adelekan. “This incident does not appear to be related to terrorism.”

A top police official acknowledged the shock and alarm the attack had caused, saying, “It must have been a terrifying incident for everyone involved.”

Stay informed. Receive breaking news directly to your inbox for free. Subscribe here.

Please share this post!