Pastor in Mississippi allegedly murdered by escaped inmate, who later died in standoff with police — 3 other escapees remain at large

A recent jailbreak in Mississippi has had deadly consequences for a beloved Baptist minister. The murder suspect has died, but the threat to the community remains high as three of his other escapees remain missing.

upon saturday nightFour inmates at the Raymond Detention Center, about 15 miles west of Jackson, Mississippi, reportedly snuck outside and hovered on the roof for a while before going their separate ways. Men are: Dylan Arrington, 22 years old. Casey Grayson, 24 years old. Corey Harrison, 22 years old. All were facing felony theft-related charges and were not discovered by prison officials until 12:30 a.m. Sunday morning, so all were started about four hours ahead of law enforcement.

Grayson, Harrison, and Raines reportedly remain at large. Arlington was eventually found, but only after he was accused of murdering his beloved Baptist minister.

One Monday, two days after the escape, Arlington He had probably found and stolen a motorcycle and was driving along the exit ramp of Interstate 55 near Jackson. Anthony Watts, 61, pastor of Mary’s Missionary Baptist Church, stopped to see if he could be of any help.There, on a side road along the interstate, Arlington allegedly shot Watts. Several times He fled in the victim’s red Dodge Ram. Watts was later pronounced dead at the scene.

“We are all in some kind of sad moment,” he said. Reverend Carl BurtonAssociate Pastor of St. Mary’s Church, “But we know that God has the upper hand. He cares about all that we have to go through, all that we have to deal with. We surrender all our worries to God.”

“Pastor Watts loved everyone,” recalls congregation member Vivian Ross. “He never met a stranger. He helped you and did whatever he could for you. He just loved everyone and we loved him.” ”

On Wednesday morning, police finally tracked Arlington to a residence in Leek County, northeast of Jackson.The ensuing confrontation between the suspect and police lasted about two hours. Meanwhile, Arrington allegedly shot and wounded a Leake County deputy in the leg. Police returned shooting and the house was eventually engulfed in flames. Arlington was later found dead inside the building. His cause of death remains unknown.

Hines County Sheriff Tyree Jones said, “We believe the person may have been hit, but of course we don’t have that information at this time.” died as, it should be determined.”

The injured agent is now listed in stable condition.

So far, police have had few clues as to the whereabouts of the other fugitives. They found two cars that he thought may have been stolen by two of his suspects. Raymond, the medium security facility they escaped from last year, was under federal surveillance due to a “horrifying series of beatings and deaths” reported there.

Love Blaze News? Bypass censorship and sign up for our newsletter to have articles like this sent straight to your inbox. SIGN UP HERE!

Leave a Reply