In a shocking incident, officers were called after 13-year-olds became “excessively drunk” after a birthday party in North Wales.according to sky newsOfficers said they received a call from Wales Emergency Services on September 22 that a 13-year-old child had been drinking and was “passing out”.
A meeting of Conwy City Council's licensing sub-committee was told three children were “drinking to excess and in areas where authorities believe such children may have been drinking”.
“There were concerns that the children may have also taken cocaine or ketamine,” the report states.
It is worth noting that this party was held for a 15-year-old girl, but no parents or legal guardians were present. Three children were treated at the scene and two were taken to hospital for recovery.
“The venue has stated that this was an oversight on their part, that all future discos for under-18s have been cancelled, and that they will fully comply with the terms of their license now that this issue has been brought to their attention.” the licensing official said. Power, Aaron Haggas said.
Emma Priestley, director of EJP Entertainment, the company that runs the venue, apologized at Friday's meeting. Notably, there have been 16 incidents of crime and disorder associated with the facility since April. BBC report.
“I cannot apologize enough for something like this to have happened. As I said, unfortunately I had no idea it happened or was going to happen. I have a 14-year-old child.As a mother, I say, “I would do anything to protect my children.I would do anything to protect my children in that situation. It was very upsetting to me as a mother to see what was going on. That's not the way we run businesses, and obviously I trusted the people who run these businesses.” And I was very disappointed in certain people,” she said.
Mr Priestley also promised that “something like this will never happen again”.