Poodle revived with Narcan after being found unconscious

Poodle Toodle was lucky enough to be alive after police found the little poodle unconscious next to its owner on the streets of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Both were alleged to have overdosed on fentanyl.

The SPCA’s Philadelphia facility shared that it received a call on Monday, April 17, from a local hospital, the Blue Pearl Emergency Hospital, that a dog was brought in showing symptoms of an overdose.

People are said to have found the dog “in Kensington alongside people,” according to a Pennsylvania SPCA Twitter post. The SPCA said “the Good Samaritan was charged with asking for the dog’s help” while police were charged with resuscitating the person.

Duran Singletary, PSPCA’s manager of animal care and shelter management, said the Toodles story was particularly heartbreaking, but that the response from kind-hearted people was just as heartwarming. said.

“The Good Samaritan took him to the Blue Pearl Emergency Veterinary Hospital,” Singletary told FOX 29 Philadelphia. We first had a catheter in Toodles to help clear all leftover material from his system. Since then he has made an amazing recovery.”

After the veterinarian administered Narcan via an IV drip, Toodles quickly began to recover.

After the vet administered Narcan, Toodles began to recover quickly.
Pennsylvania SPCA

Upon investigation, officials said Toodles’ previous owner claimed he was “sharing drugs with his dog.”

“I can’t imagine what would have happened to Toodles if he hadn’t been taken to the vet.

But thanks to Good Samaritan’s quick work and Blue Pearl’s life-saving work, Toodles is still alive today,” a PSPCA official said in a press release.

Toodles has since been handed over to the PSPCA for ongoing care and treatment.

Over the past few days, he’s made a full recovery, with PSPCA workers commenting that he’s “the sweetest puppy around.”

People are said to have found the dog in Philadelphia “alongside the Kensington man.”
Pennsylvania SPCA

“Toodles could have died. He could have had long lasting effects from the drugs he took. But today he is safe and a new future awaits,” the PSPCA added. .

The shelter did not comment on the person’s condition.

Leave a Reply