total-news-1024x279-1__1_-removebg-preview.png

SELECT LANGUAGE BELOW

Suspected Tupac Shakur killer Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis to return to court

Duane “Kef D” Davis, the former Los Angeles-area gang leader charged with the 1996 murder of hip-hop legend Tupac Shakur in Las Vegas, is scheduled to return to court on Tuesday.

Following Clark County District Judge Kari Keaney’s ruling last month that Davis could be released from house arrest on $750,000 bail ahead of his trial, currently scheduled to begin June 3. , prosecutor and defense attorney Karl Arnold are expected to provide updates on the case.

Former gang leader accused of Tupac Shakur’s murder seeks home arrest before trial

But Carney said before Davis can be released from custody, he must first prove in a hearing called an “information hearing” that the bail was legally obtained. Carney said Tuesday that if Davis is notified that he can afford bail, he may schedule a hearing.

Duane “Keef D” Davis appeared in a Las Vegas court on October 19, 2023 for his arraignment on murder charges in the death of rapper Tupac Shakur. (John Locher/Pool/AFP via Getty Images)

A spokeswoman for Arnold’s law firm declined comment on Arnold’s behalf Thursday.

Davis’ former lawyers argued that he should be released because of his declining health after a battle with cancer. They also downplayed the credibility of former gang members as witnesses against Davis.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Davis, 60, is from Compton, California. He is the only survivor of the car in which Shakur was killed when shots were fired at a traffic light near the Las Vegas Strip in September 1996.

Davis was arrested in September outside his home in suburban Henderson. He pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in November and remains in the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas. If he is convicted, he could spend the rest of his life in prison.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Telegram
WhatsApp