OAN Staff Brook Mallory
10:41am – Thursday, February 13th, 2025
The 24-year-old Afghan national was driving through a massive crowd in Munich on Thursday, causing injury to at least 28 people. German authorities described the incident as “suspected attack” and pointed out that the suspect had a “extreme background.”
advertisement
The event happened the day before the start of a critical security conference attended by world leaders. Among those who will be speaking at the meeting is Vice President JD Vance.
“While the VP had no protective impact, we are closely monitoring the incident and German authorities are still investigating potential motives,” the US Secret Service announced.
A “major” police operation has begun after a 24-year-old Afghan vehicle struck a string of people in the city centre at 10:30am (4:30am ET), German authorities say. Ta.
The vehicle's driver was “fixed” and was taken into custody after officers shot the vehicle.
Police say the suspect, a Munich, Afghanistan-based asylum seeker, has a long history of drug and theft-related crimes.
According to a police news release, the investigation is now being taken over by the Bayern Central Office to fight extremism and terrorism and the Munich prosecutor's office due to extremism and terrorism and “signs of the background of extremism.” It's there.
Press photos taken at the scene show that the vehicle involved in the incident was a “white mini cooper” with personal items such as shoes, glasses and a stroller scattered along the street.
Bavaria Governor Marcus Söder confirmed at a press conference that the incident is being investigated as a potential terrorist attack. Munich police previously reported that at least two of the 28 people were seriously injured and could not survive. They have already been rushed to the hospital.
Moreover, according to Munich mayor Dieter Reiter, the young children were hurt – Associated Press It has been reported.
“This is simply a scary woman and gentleman. When you get the news, someone thrusts their car into a group of people again. There are a lot of injured people. It's a slap in the face,” Söder said. Ta.
“We sympathize with people, but we also need to make a decision to change things in Germany,” he added vaguely in detail.
In December, another car driven by a foreign Muslim was attacked by a crowd of bystanders at an East German Christmas market.
The Munich Security Conference, an annual rally of politicians and defense leaders around the world, is due to start on Friday, thanks to the police presence and strict security protocols.
Social media users have noticed their thoughts on the issue.
“JD Vance arrived in Munich to negotiate with Zelenski, an Afghan immigrant suspect injured dozens, including children, and plunged the car into a large group of people. This was a It's the fifth mass attack in Germany, where immigrants are involved, within a year. The left wing there rejects calls to expel immigrants, saying it's a fascist,” posted by one X user. I did.
At a meeting Friday, Vance and Secretary of State Marco Rubio are reportedly meeting with US allies to discuss further ongoing Ukraine-Russia conflict.
“We don't know at this point, and I don't think there's anything to do with the security meeting. But of course, the motivations of this Afghan perpetrator must be investigated more closely.” Joachim Hermann, the state minister of the home of Bavaria, said:
The attack also comes 10 days before the German federal election.
We were deeply saddened to learn that a tragic incident had happened this morning. #munich The city centre where the car drove into the crowd. Our idea lies with the victims and their families. Emergency services are on site and investigations are underway…
– Munich Security Conference (@munsecconf) February 13, 2025
This is an Afghan immigrant who drove cars into a crowd of innocent people in Munich, Germany. 28 injuries, including children in serious condition. His name is Farhad and he posted Muslim content. This fear will only end if the AFD wins and runs Germany! Mass immigration is suicide. pic.twitter.com/vculrntmnm
– Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck) February 13, 2025
destruction:
A new video shows Afghan terrorists repeatedly screaming “Allah” after today's car charge attack in Munich (28 injuries).
He also shared the Muslim propaganda online that led to the attack.
via @irfan_peci pic.twitter.com/e4hzruxvke
– visegrád24 (@visegrad24) February 13, 2025
Please provide us with information! Receive break news and explode directly into your inbox for free. Please subscribe here. https://www.oann.com/alerts
The following ads
Share this post!