Man Dies After Jumping Off World’s Largest Cruise Ship

A passenger who reportedly jumped from the world’s largest cruise ship while sailing from Florida to Honduras on Sunday has died, authorities said.

The ship from which the man fell has been identified as Royal Caribbean’s Icon of the Seas, the U.S. Coast Guard said. New York Post,outlet report Tuesday.

“The cruise ship dispatched a rescue vessel which located the man and brought him back on board, where he was pronounced deceased. The U.S. Coast Guard assisted in the search but was not actively involved in this incident,” the Coast Guard said.

photograph show A huge ship anchored in the harbor:

The boat was reportedly about 300 miles from Miami when the man jumped into the water, and it remained anchored for several hours while Coast Guard crews carried out a search and rescue operation.

The video footage is show One of the yellow-and-blue rescue boats, its crew members clad in neon-colored vests, weaves its way through the water.

The same X (Twitter) account reported that “the circumstances leading to this unfortunate incident are currently under investigation.”

The alleged jumper was taken to the plane in critical condition but eventually died from his injuries.

In December 2021, a 15-year-old boy died after falling from a balcony on a cruise ship returning to Miami, according to Breitbart News.

Officials sounded a “man overboard” alarm when the incident occurred, but sources said the boy fell from a balcony on Deck 16 and landed on a boardwalk on Deck 8 below.

In 2022, a man and his sister were enjoying drinks on the Carnival Valor cruise ship, traveling from New Orleans to the Mexican island of Cozumel, when the man left the ship to go to the restroom. However, he never returned, and his sister reported him missing the next day, sparking a lengthy search, Breitbart News reported.

“Then, at approximately 8:25 p.m., the crew of the bulk carrier Crinis The agency reported that the man was found about 20 miles south of Southwest Pass, Louisiana, and an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter was deployed from New Orleans to rescue him.

When rescuers pulled him from the water, he was responsive but suffering from hypothermia, dehydration and shock.

“The man reportedly did not provide details on how or when he fell overboard,” the report added.