.elementor-panel-state-loading{ display: none; }
total-news-1024x279-1__1_-removebg-preview.png

LANGUAGE

SELECT LANGUAGE BELOW

Sean Combs returns key to New York City after Cassie attack video | Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs

Sean Combs, the music mogul known as “Diddy,” has turned back the keys to New York City at the request of Mayor Eric Adams, officials announced Saturday, following the release of a video showing him attacking R&B singer Cassie.

The mayor’s office said Combs returned the keys after Adams sent letters to the musician’s New York and California offices on June 4 asking them to revoke the keys and send them back to City Hall. The city received the keys on June 10.

In her letter, Adams said she was “deeply troubled” by the attack, adding: “I strongly condemn these actions and stand in solidarity with all victims of domestic and gender-based violence.”

Combs’ career has been hampered by numerous sexual abuse allegations and a federal sex trafficking criminal investigation that led to searches of Combs’ mansions in Los Angeles and Miami.

In May, CNN aired security camera footage of Combs attacking Cassie in a Los Angeles hotel hallway in 2016. Combs, who initially denied the attack, said he was “deeply sorry” and that his actions were “unacceptable.” Cassie, whose legal name is Cassandra Ventura, sued Combs last year, leading to increased surveillance of Combs. The lawsuit was settled the day after it was filed.

Adams presented Combs with the keys last year during a ceremony held to coincide with the release of his new album.

Howard University revoked Combs’ honorary degree and ended a scholarship program named after him this month following the release of the video about Kathy.

Combs, founder of Bad Boy Records, is one of the most influential hip-hop producers and executives of the past three decades, having turned his musical success into a business empire.

An email sent to Combs’ online representative was not immediately responded to.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Telegram
WhatsApp