total-news-1024x279-1__1_-removebg-preview.png

LANGUAGE

WWE’s Randy Orton talks Vince McMahon sexual assault allegations

Randy Orton is ‘torn apart’ when it comes to Vince McMahon.

He “really has no idea what to think” about a bombshell federal lawsuit filed by a female former WWE employee alleging sexual harassment and sex trafficking against the former WWE president.

Orton, 43, has worked closely with McMahon creatively during his 24-year WWE career, but has no knowledge of the allegations other than what he has seen online.


Randy Orton. Craig Ambrosio/WWE

“This man has done so much for me, and I’ve seen so many horrible things online that I don’t want to believe,” Orton said in a phone interview with the Post. “If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have been given a second or third chance.” [in WWE]. Without that person, I wouldn’t be in the position I’m in now.

“So part of me doesn’t want to believe it, but another part of me is like, he did all these great things for me and the business that will last long after he’s gone.” He understands that he could have created something this amazing, but on the other hand, he was human and made some terrible mistakes.”

In the lawsuit, former WWE employee Janelle Grant alleges that McMahon physically harmed her with fists and other objects (including a sex toy) and also took turns sexually molesting her with another WWE executive. He accuses her of locking her up in WWE’s offices before assaulting her. , According to the complaint.

She also accused McMahon, 73, in her lawsuit of forcing her into sexual relationships in order to keep her job and of distributing pornographic photos and videos of her to other men, including co-workers at WWE.

He is also under federal investigation over allegations in the lawsuit.

Mahon, who resigned as executive chairman of WWE’s parent company TKO days after the lawsuit became public, denied Grant’s claims.

In a statement to Deadline last month, McMahon said: “I stand by my previous statements that Mr. Grant’s lawsuit is full of lies, far-fetched and salacious fabrications, and is a persistent distortion of the truth.” said. “I intend to vigorously defend myself against these baseless charges and look forward to clearing my name.”


vince mcmahon
Vince McMahon. Zuffa LLC

Orton, who will compete in the men’s Elimination Chamber match in Perth, Australia, on Saturday, said it’s difficult to talk about specifics and he hasn’t heard McMahon’s opinion yet.

He agreed with fellow WWE star Cody Rhodes’ assessment that “everything is a little cloudy” for WWE regarding the post-Royal Rumble situation.

“There are three sides to every story,” Orton said. “Their side, the other side, and the truth. I think a lot more needs to be revealed before we can really talk about this. I think that applies to any talent you ask, but I I know about Vince McMahon, who I’ve known personally for the past 24 years, and I owe him for everything he’s done for me.

“I say that with confidence, because without his tremendous help I wouldn’t be in this position. But if these allegations are true, it’s a scary situation. I’m torn. It’s hard.”

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Telegram
WhatsApp

SUBSCRIBE TO

Sign up to stay informed to breaking news