.elementor-panel-state-loading{ display: none; }



Four held on suspicion of trespass at Sunak’s Yorkshire home | Rishi Sunak

Police said four men were arrested on suspicion of breaking into the Prime Minister’s official constituency residence in Yorkshire on Tuesday.

North Yorkshire Police said the suspects were arrested in the grounds of Rishi Sunak’s home in Kirby Sigston, near Northallerton, at around 12.40pm and were subsequently taken from the premises.

Police said the perpetrators included a 52-year-old from London, a 43-year-old from Bolton, a 21-year-old from Manchester and a 20-year-old from Chichester.

They are in police custody and investigations are ongoing.

North Yorkshire Police said in a statement: “We made four arrests this afternoon within the grounds of the Prime Minister’s constituency home.”

“Our officers reached the four men within one minute of them entering the premises.

“They were detained at approximately 12.40pm, removed from the premises and arrested on suspicion of trespass.”

The arrests were linked to protests by Youth Demand, which describes itself as a campaigning group calling for “the Conservative and Labour parties to commit to a two-way arms embargo on Israel and to halt all new oil and gas licences.”

The party has launched a number of actions in opposition to government and Labour policy proposals.

A spokesman for the group said three of those arrested had been taking part in demonstrations and the fourth was an independent photographer.

In a separate incident, a car crashed into the gates of Chequers, Mr Sunak’s official residence in Buckinghamshire, police said.

Skip Newsletter Promotions

The incident happened just after midday on Tuesday when a white Volkswagen Scirocco crashed into the entrance barrier.

Sunak was not at the residence at the time, but was attending an event in London linked to Japan’s state visit.

Thames Valley Police said the driver, a 44-year-old man from Thames Valley, was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage to property and drink driving and was the only occupant of the car.

The spokesman added that the driver “suffered serious injuries” and was taken to hospital where “he remains admitted”.

“The investigation is still in its early stages, but at this time there is no evidence to suggest there was any intent to harm anyone,” police said.