A Kansas man faces criminal charges after allegedly destroying Tesla in Wichita. The family who owns an electric vehicle says they bought Tesla as the best option for an 18-year-old girl with disabilities.
Jonathan F. Elhart was charged with one count of criminal damage to his property on Friday after allegedly causing an estimated $17,000 in his family Tesla while dining at a Wichita restaurant. Report by Witch Taiguru.
If convicted, the 30-year-old man could be sentenced to five to 17 months in prison, the outlet reported.
The Tesla-owned family noted that they chose the automaker for the vehicle's autonomous driving capabilities. This helps teenage daughters who use wheelchairs drive easier.
The family believes Tesla has been destroyed because of their political beliefs surrounding the company's CEO Elon Musk and their involvement in President Donald Trump's administration, which leads the administration of President Donald Trump (DOGE).
“Damage to a personal vehicle will not affect Elon,” the teenage driver told Cake News last week, saying, “If there is, it's giving him.” [Musk] More money to repair damaged vehicles. It's not about you hurting who it is. ”
Please see below:
“It really felt bad that this is happening in such a great country, in such a great state,” she added. “It's so shocking everywhere because this is happening in Kansas.”
The 18-year-old, who uses a wheelchair for spinal muscle atrophy, left the restaurant on March 20th with his mother, siblings and boyfriend, and found that his new family, Tesla, was locked up.
Further inspection revealed that the car had locks on both the passenger and driver's seat.
After returning home, the family reviewed Tesla's video footage, and the man sitting at a table next to him in the restaurant stayed in his car before returning to the facility.
Video footage and police say the man went back outside and grabbed the key to the other side of Tesla. Tesla's built-in camera features allowed you to catch not only Vandal's face, but also the vehicle's license plate.
The teen told Cake News on Thursday that he hopes the suspect will be ordered to pay the damages to Tesla. She also said she and her family didn't talk about politics while digging into one table from the restaurant's men.
Elhart's arrest brings the latest uncertainty of a Tesla-related vandalism suspect amid a string of attacks against the mask company since the new year.
Recently, a Florida woman, Yamaris Marello, was arrested and charged with felony vandalism after allegedly attacking Tesla with a “big wad” that caused nearly $3,000 in damage to an electric vehicle. The unpleasant attacks were also captured by the EV's built-in camera.
Alana Mastrangelo is a reporter for Breitbart News. You can follow her Facebook and x at @armestrangeloand on Instagram.