total-news-1024x279-1__1_-removebg-preview.png

SELECT LANGUAGE BELOW

Maine GOP pleads with Dems to save state’s education funding after Title IX violation

Republican state lawmakers in Maine have urged Democrats to abolish state policies, allowed trans women to compete in women's sports, and warned that they could fail to act and endanger public education funds for hundreds of millions of people.

The lawsuit confirmed that a spokesman for the Maine Attorney General confirmed Thursday that the Trump administration officially issued a “Notice of Violation to the Maine Department of Education” for violating Title IX federal law aimed at protecting women's rights.

The “official” notification followed an investigation launched by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Civil Rights Office, which included several weeks of investigation into the Maine Department of Education (MDOE). The investigation comes from reports that trans women continue to compete in women's sports in Pine Tree County despite the national mandate of executive orders from President Donald Trump.

Senate bids to prevent boys from playing girls' sports get stuck on filibuster

The strength of Trump's executive order lies in his ability to withhold federal education funds from states that do not comply with his directives. Such a lawsuit to cut federal education funding in Maine — as expected to occur unless something changes — would result in MDOE's potential losses of over $700,000 a year from HHS agencies alone, based on the 2024 funding numbers provided in the HHS violation notice. In this grade, the U.S. Department of Education provided strictly about $250 million to K-12 schools in Maine. Portland Press Herald.

President Donald Trump has ended allowing high school sports eligibility to be determined by gender identity and threatened to cut federal funds to states that do not comply. (Trump Van Transition Team via Gregory REC/Portland Press Herald)

“If Maine Democrats continue to double by enabling biological men to participate in women's sports, our students will lose hundreds of millions of dollars in federal funds. Government. [Janet] Rep. Laurel Libby, R-Bangor, said:

“It's enough. It's time to clean up radical ideology and put the future for our children first,” added minority leader Katrina Smith, R-Palermo. “The Mills administration's policy of allowing biological boys in women's sports has abused our young women both physically and mentally. Children and teachers who lost federal funds to our school. ”

Maine officials “exploring options” to regain their voices after accusations via the Transgender Athlete Post

Main Sports

Republican state lawmakers in Maine are appealing to Democrats to change state policies regarding transgender sports participation, fearing that if Maine doesn't do so, they'll lose hundreds of millions of federal education funds. (Maine Legislature)

In addition to comments from Libby and Smith, the broader coalition of Republicans in Maine “Public measures” Mills' management reverses current policies and allows sport eligibility to be determined by gender identity of self-description.

Mills told Trump last month during a meeting with the governor at the White House that she had no intention of following his orders with the aim of warding off women's sports from transgender competitors. Mills told Trump during the meeting that it was broadcast live, and she “will see.” [him] In court. ”

Member of the Maryland State Board of Education targeting the Title IX investigation after opposing the Trans Policy

Based on the analysis of Sarah Perry, a civil rights lawyer with extensive experience litigating Title IX issues, Maine will succeed in court on the issue as Mills would like.

Pro-transgender March

Protesters are calling for an expansion of the rights of trans people in schools during a gathering in the UK. (Mark Kerrison/In Getty Images)

“Maine has signed a contract with the Department of Education and has committed to complying with its federal civil rights laws. [Mills’] Reliance on opposing state laws will prove fatal for the ongoing recalculation,” Perry wrote on social media.

In an interview with Fox News Digital last month, she added that in addition to federal law, she is also flouting directives from Maine as well. Ministry of Education and precedents established previously from many cases that have been overturned President Joe Biden's Title IX Regulations Allows you to determine athletic eligibility by your preferred gender identity.

Click here to get the Fox News app

Fox News Digital contacted Mills and Maine Attorney General Aaron Frey to comment on these calls from Republicans, but did not receive a response by the time of publication.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Telegram
WhatsApp