total-news-1024x279-1__1_-removebg-preview.png

SELECT LANGUAGE BELOW

Mexican nationals found guilty of grisly US smuggling operation that killed 53 migrants — including children

The two smugglers were convicted Tuesday of involvement in a horrific human trafficking operation that led to the deaths of 53 foreigners, including several children.

In 2022, it was discovered that 67 illegal foreigners were trapped inside a tractor trailer without air conditioning. It was abandoned on the side of the San Antonio road after smuggling the US-Mexican border. More than 50 individuals, including six children and one pregnant woman, have died, making it the deadliest smuggling event in US history.

“Human smugglers prioritize money and profits above all else.”

Two Mexican nationals, Felipe Orduna Torres and Armando Gonzalez Ortega, come back to life in prison after two weeks of trial and three hours of deliberation, after a ju judge convicts them. They are scheduled to rule on June 27th. This is the third anniversary of the fatal operation.

Orduna-Torres is one of the leaders of the smuggling group, with Gonzales-Ortega as the coordinator. Illegal immigrants reportedly paid smugglers between $12,000 and $15,000 each.

The man was convicted on all charges. As a result, conspiracy to transport aliens that causes death, serious physical injuries, put them at risk, causing illegal aliens transport, causing death, illegal aliens transport, causing serious physical injuries and putting them at risk. Fox News Digital It has been reported.

According to Kensfederal prosecutors shared evidence that the man took part in 16 other smuggling operations and had cartel ties.

The 26-year-old Guatemalan national who survived the fatal event shared her testimony, saying that locked in illegal immigrants cried out for help. She said there was no water and said the smuggler confiscated the phone into the phone and then illegally transported it across the border.

Eric Fukusen, US lawyer for the Western District of Texas; explained The inside photo of the trailer showed “claw marks from when they were desperately trying to steal the side they were about to go outside.”

“Ignoring human life shows that human smugglers prioritize other things, money and profits,” said Craig Laraby, a special agent in San Antonio's Homeland Security Investigation.

“The greed of these men ultimately led to their beliefs,” he said.

Five other men, including the driver, had previously pleaded guilty in connection with a fatal smuggling event. We face all sentences later this year. One suspect in connection with the operation remains a fugitive, while the other suspects are charged in Mexico and Guatemala.

Like Blaze News? Bypass censorship, sign up for our newsletter and get stories like these directly into your inbox. Sign up here!

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Telegram
WhatsApp