Potential signals:
- I’m thinking of selling below 0.5840, with a stop at 0.59 and targeting 0.5715.
- If I buy above the 0.59 mark, I’d place a stop loss at 0.5860, aiming for above 0.5960.
- On Wednesday, the New Zealand dollar dipped against the US dollar, despite generally strong market conditions.
New Zealand dollar/US dollar
During trading on Wednesday, the New Zealand dollar experienced a slight decline. This comes even though the CPI numbers met expectations. Maybe it’s influenced by soft employment data from New Zealand, which raises questions about potential rate increases by the RBNZ. Still, I think many traders hold the view that a rate hike could happen. Meanwhile, there’s a belief that the Fed might also raise rates, keeping their position somewhat balanced.
Technology integration and carry dynamics
The market seems to be forming a bullish flag or pennant. We’ll need to see if it breaks out. Right now, this looks like a situation to monitor, as identifying a clear breakout could significantly influence momentum. If we break above, the price could creep above the 0.5950 area, possibly edging closer to 0.60. Conversely, if a breakdown occurs, it might drop to around 0.5750.
Currently caught in a holding pattern, this isn’t too shocking given ongoing concerns regarding the Strait of Hormuz, which impacts global interest rates. Although US interest rates have slightly decreased during trading, they remain high, and there seems to be a positive carry when holding the US dollar against the New Zealand dollar, making a short position attractive at this point.
I’m still keeping an eye on this situation. The chart seems to be compressing, so if momentum picks up, I’ll adjust my trades accordingly based on the breakout direction.






