.elementor-panel-state-loading{ display: none; }
total-news-1024x279-1__1_-removebg-preview.png

LANGUAGE

SELECT LANGUAGE BELOW

KJP Fires Back At Netanyahu’s Protest, Appeal For Military Aid

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre hit back at Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s claim on Tuesday that the United States had withheld military aid to Israel over the past few months.

Netanyahu Said Netanyahu on Tuesday conveyed his gratitude to U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken during their recent meeting to Israel for America’s support in continuing Israel’s war against Hamas. “But I also said something else,” he added. “I said it was inconceivable that the administration had withheld weapons and ammunition over the past few months.” [sic] To Israel.”

According to Netanyahu, Blinken responded that the United States was “working day and night to remove these bottlenecks.”

“I certainly hope so. It should be so,” Netanyahu said, underscoring Israel’s position as the U.S.’s closest ally. “During World War II, Churchill said to the U.S.: ‘Give us the tools and we’ll get the job done.’ And I say: ‘Give us the tools and we’ll get the job done. Much faster,'” he added.

“I have no idea what he’s talking about,” Jean-Pierre says. Said On Tuesday, he answered reporters’ questions about Netanyahu’s remarks.

“Certain arms shipments have been suspended,” she continued, referring to an incident in May that could mark the first time the United States has delayed providing military aid to Israel since the Oct. 7, 2023, Hamas terrorist attacks on Israel. (Related: House Republicans reportedly planning to push back against President Biden’s moratorium on arms transfers to Israel)

“You’ve heard us talk about it many times. We are in ongoing constructive discussions with Israel regarding the release of that particular cargo that I mentioned earlier. [I] “There’s no update on that,” Jean-Pierre added.

“There are no other pauses — none at all — there are no other pauses or holds,” Jean-Pierre said.

Jean-Pierre also quoted Blinken as saying: “[E]Everything else is proceeding according to proper procedures.”

“Just to confirm, only 2,000 pound bombs are being shipped. [sic] “Was it withheld?” asked another reporter.

“Yes,” Jean-Pierre replied.

Hours after Netanyahu’s video statement was released, US special envoy Amos Hochstein directly conveyed that the statement had infuriated US President Joe Biden’s top adviser, Axios reported. report.

The US government then cancelled high-level bilateral talks with Israel on Iran that had been scheduled for Thursday, two US officials reportedly told Axios.

Some Israeli officials were reportedly on their way to Washington for talks, but the talks were called off.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Telegram
WhatsApp