Michael Jordan in ‘serious talks’ to sell majority stake of Hornets

Michael Jordan is reportedly in major discussions to sell his majority stake in the Charlotte Hornets. Jordan became a co-owner of the organization in 2006 during his time with the Bobcats and a majority owner four years later. Jordan is in “serious negotiations” to sell his stake to a group led by Hornets minority holder […]

US threatens TikTok ban if ByteDance doesn’t sell stake: report

The Biden administration is demanding that Chinese owners of TikTok sell their stake in the popular video app TikTok or face a possible ban by the United States. The Wall Street Journal reportedaccording to a person familiar with the matter. The move is the most dramatic in a series of recent actions by US officials […]

Colleges have a big stake in the Supreme Court decision on student debt

Universities have taken great interest in the Supreme Court’s decision on student loan cancellations. If the court grants the cancellation, colleges can know that student loans will continue uninterrupted as their primary source of income. Refusal to cancel students can lead to a whirlwind of defaults that threatens the entire system. The government has warned […]

Obama-era consumer protections could be overruled by SCOTUS. Here’s what’s at stake.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, an Obama-era consumer watchdog agency formed in response to the 2008 financial crisis, has found itself facing another existential threat. . The Supreme Court recently agreed to accept the ruling of the ultra-conservative Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, finding the CFPB’s funding mechanism unconstitutional. In a voter survey conducted in […]

What’s at stake as Ukraine clings onto Bakhmut

Ukrainian lines are countering the Russian onslaught in Bakhmut as both Kiev and Moscow appear unwilling to abandon the town that has become a symbol of war atrocities. After hinting at a possible withdrawal last week, Ukrainian forces have yet to withdraw, maintaining a fortified position in the center of the city. And while Russian […]

Disney may sell its 67% stake in Hulu to buy more Marvel rights

Disney may sell a sizable stake in streaming platform Hulu for Hulk, according to one media analyst. Mouse House may sell its 67% stake in the popular streamer due to a deal with Comcast, which owns the remaining 33%, according to a Citi analyst note, but the green superhero and another Marvel We will retain […]

Dark money group pushing gas stove crackdown has significant financial stake in green energy

DeSantis opposes Biden’s gas stove regulation Fox News contributor Joe Concha said that with many restaurants unable to afford the additional tax and power grids already overloaded, restrictions on gas stoves due to health concerns are a “real world.” It’s not relevant,” he said. The founder of Rewiring America, an environmental advocacy dark money group […]